Estimated Fluid Milk Sales

  • 3358
  • AMS_3358
  • Non Mars Location
  • Washington, DC

In-Area Sales are dispositions (deliveries) of fluid milk products in consumer type packages from milk processing (bottling) plants to outlets in Federal Order marketing areas that sell directly to consumers. These outlets include food stores, convenience stores, warehouse stores/wholesale clubs, non-food stores, schools, food service industry, and home delivery. The Estimated Fluid Milk Products Sales are established using Federal Milk Marketing Order (FMMO) in-area sales (in pounds), and extrapolating fluid sales based on population density in remaining areas. The In-Area Sales data are collected by Federal Milk Marketing Orders and aggregated by Market Information Branch of the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS).


Estimated Sales figures are representative of the consumption of fluid milk products in Federal Milk Marketing Order areas. The Federal Order In-Area Sales account for approximately 92 percent (based on population density) of total fluid milk sales in the United States. An estimate of total U.S. fluid milk sales is derived by extrapolating the remaining 8 percent of sales from the Federal Order data.


Report Sections for Estimated Fluid Milk Sales:

  • Sales of Conventional Fluid Milk Products: https://mpr.datamart.ams.usda.gov/services/v1.1/reports/3358/Estimated Total U.S. Sales of Fluid Milk Conventional Products
  • Sales of OrganicFluid Milk Products: https://mpr.datamart.ams.usda.gov/services/v1.1/reports/3358/Estimated Total U.S. Sales of Fluid Milk OrganicProducts
  • Total Package Sales: https://mpr.datamart.ams.usda.gov/services/v1.1/reports/3358/Total Package of Sales of Fluid Milk Products
  • Conventional, Organic and Total Sales of Fluid Milk Products: https://mpr.datamart.ams.usda.gov/services/v1.1/reports/3358/Estimated Total U.S. Sales - Conventional, Organic and Total
  • Sales of Conventional Products by Month: https://mpr.datamart.ams.usda.gov/services/v1.1/reports/3358/Estimated U.S. Sales of Conventional Fluid Milk Products by Month
  • Sales of Organic Products by Month: https://mpr.datamart.ams.usda.gov/services/v1.1/reports/3358/Estimated U.S. Sales of Organic Fluid Milk Products by Month
  • Package Sales by Month: https://mpr.datamart.ams.usda.gov/services/v1.1/reports/3358/Total Package Sales of Fluid Milk Products by Month 

  • To current

Easier Access

Related Markets Reports